CLC Guarenteed Transfer Admissions

CLC Guarenteed Transfer Admissions

For most students our age, our biggest concern is getting into a good college.  However, the prices are through the roof and basically break us for the next 20 years.  Joining the CLC Guaranteed Transfer Admissions Program allows students to get a four year degree at a reduced price.  The CLC Guaranteed Transfer Admissions Program allows students the opportunity to have a flawless transfer into a partner college to earn their bachelor’s degree. There are a total of 23 schools that participate in this program, but the following eight are a mix of the most surprising, and local locations:

*There are links to pages with more information and forms for each of the eight schools on this list.*

American Business School — Paris, France:

1. CLC students who earn an Associate degree in Arts in Business Administration or an Associate degree in Applied Science in Business Administration with a cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher are guaranteed admission to the Bachelor of Business degree program at the American Business School of Paris.
  2. Aims to train its students to become future business leaders who think internationally, take initiatives and can work on multicultural teams.”
  3. American Business School in Paris participation form (PDF)
  4. ABS A.A. Agreement (PDF)
  5. ABS A.A.S. agreement (PDF)

Arizona State University — Tempe, Arizona:

1. In order to be eligible for transfer, students must complete 24 transferable semester credits with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 and a final high school transcript or GED, or a transfer Associate Degree with a cumulative GPA of 2.5. Students will also need to submit an ASU admissions application along with any other additional documents.
  2. This year ASU was ranked as the nation’s most innovative school for the second year on a row.
  3. visit the ASU website

DePaul University — Chicago, Illinois:

1. To participate in the Guaranteed Admissions Program, you must have graduated from high school and have 30 semester hours of college level credit.
  2. DePaul features an Intense English Language Program with two parts. The first two years of required classes would need to be completed at CLC in order to have a smooth transfer into the next two.
  3. DAPP brochure (PDF)  or  visit www.depaul.edu/DAPP
  4. International DAPP brochure (PDF).

School of the Art Institute of Chicago — Chicago, Illinois:

1. CLC students with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0, with a C or higher in academic courses, and have completed a minimum of two Studio Art courses with a grade of a C or higher are encouraged to apply to the program.
  2. SAIC participation form (PDF)
  3. SAIC Guaranteed Admission Agreement (PDF)

University of Illinois at Chicago:

1. CLC students with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 on all transferable courses and who plan to earn their bachelor’s degree from UIC are encouraged to participate.
  2. Students must earn at least a C in any required courses in the field of their desired major.
  3. Students who earn a transferrable GPA of 3.8 will be guaranteed admission into the UIC Honors College.
  4. If you’re interested, you are encouraged to talk to a transfer advisor and submit the UIC TAG Participation Form by September 15 for the transfer to be effective for the following fall semester, or by February 1 for the transfer to be effective for the following spring semester.
  5. Students are required to enroll and begin working toward the completion of their major within three years of signing the TAG Participation Form.
  6. TAG program (PDF)
  7. UIC TAG participation form (PDF)
  8. UIC TAG website

University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign:

1. High school seniors planning on enrolling for the first time to CLC are able to apply. Eligible students will need to complete a specified list of equivalent courses at CLC, maintain a 3.3 GPA in those courses and a 3.2 cumulative GPA for all classes taken at CLC, and enroll full-time.
  2. visit the CLC Engineering Pathways page.

The University of Iowa — Iowa City, Iowa:

1. CLC students with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 on all transferable courses will be guaranteed admission to the UI College of Liberal Arts and Sciences. However, some exceptions apply to majors that have higher GPA requirements, prerequisite courses, and more competitive admission requirements.
  2. University of Iowa’s Brochure (PDF)
  3. The University of Iowa Agreement (PDF)

College of Agricultural, Consumer and Environmental Sciences:

1. Any student who has completed the transfer agreement program at CLC (with the required program GPA, depending on their field of study) and submits required application and supporting documentation will be admitted to the College of ACES at the junior level in a relevant field of study.
  2. Statement of Intent (PDF)
  3. ACES Guaranteed Admissions Agreement (PDF)

Students interested in taking part in this program are encouraged to contact transfer advisors at CLC as well as advisors at the college that they wish to transfer to, and fill out and submit the required paperwork at least a year prior to their first semester.  The CLC Transfer Admissions Program is the cheaper alternative to getting a bachelor degree at an actual four year college; you still get the same degree you would if you spent all four years at an expensive four year school without spending a boat-load of money.