Cougars around the globe

This past spring break, our school organized trips that sent Cougars all around the globe. Check it out!

Choir-Ireland

“Ireland has probably been the best thing to happen to me in my life at this point so if that doesn’t say it all I don’t know what will. It’s a beautiful country, even the air felt 10x cleaner! What made the whole trip so much better was that I got to see it and experience it with my close friends. My favorite memory was when we did the homestay and got to stay with families in Ireland. I actually  ended up staying at someone’s house who ended up being my relative! It’s  such a small world!” Cassidy Raasch (12)

Band-Italy

“Choosing one favorite thing about the trip to Italy is almost too difficult.  I loved the sights, views, and the amazing architecture. The food was so good, it was all 100% fresh. The shopping was more than everyone said it would be. Having free time to just roam and get lost in the cities was really cool, but also a little scary. I really loved making so many new friends; it was so much fun meeting and getting to know everyone. When we got there, I knew four people; when we came back, I knew, and was friends with almost everyone!” Katie Elliot (12)

Language Department-Peru

“This picture is from when we visited a school in Peru. It’s located in the Incan’s Sacred Valley, about 2 hours from Cusco. This was my buddy, Milagro, whose name translates to “Miracle” in English. She was so adorable and so sweet. She is holding school supplies because we brought school supplies(pencils, coloring books, crayons, etc.) to give to the students. It was so humbling to see how happy the students were to get school supplies because school supplies are something that we, in Vernon Hills, have never had to even think twice about having.” Jenny Williams (11)

“My favorite part about our trip was visiting Machu Picchu” Rosi Moeling (12)

Softball-Gulf Shores, Alabama

“The competition down in Alabama is very intense, so this trip is mostly planned to challenge our team. We played the number one high school team in Alabama and number two high school team in the country. We were off to a good start with winning our first game, but unfortunately that was our only win. Although we didn’t do so hot in Alabama, our team has a lot of potential to play well and develop as a team here in Illinois. My favorite moment was definitely the whole team going in the ocean and the pool to cool off after our beach practices, and also every night my room would have a dance party” Jess Salerno (12)