Senior commitments roll in

Summary

After successful high school athletic careers, these VHHS student-athletes have solidified their plans to play at the next level. Instead of working on college applications, they are signing commitment papers.

Grace Koepke (12) will play basketball at American University next year. “I chose the school mainly because of the academic opportunities I would have gotten there, the coaching staff, and the relationship I had with them,” said Koepke.

Olivia Irvin (12) is at ease after committing to Davenport University’s dance team. “I’m relieved this year, being committed – not having to worry right now about any college apps and just being able to know where I’m going. I’m nervous about what is to come next year,” said Irvin.

Isabella Ramos (12) ended her high school season 6th in the state and is thrilled to swim at Boston University. “I’m excited to meet new people because I feel like my swimming career has consisted of the same people and the same teammates. The shift will be good for me and to train with people I’ve never trained before or even met,” said Ramos.

After breaking VHHS records for most digs and aces, Ellen Amjadi (12) will play volleyball at the University of Wisconsin–Eau Claire. “I had to research a bunch of schools that I was interested to play at athletically and academically. Then I had to email all those coaches and introduce myself, and then whoever responded we would just have a conversation,” said Amjadi.

Will Schart (12) will continue to play baseball at Carroll University. “I’ve been playing since I was 5 years old and have developed so many different relationships with many different people. The game teaches you how to fail and how to learn from those experiences, so I tend to find the best way to do each and every task I have,” said Schart.