Turnabout vs. Winterfest

Vip

Vip

Turnabout is back by popular demand. After four years of Winterfest, student interest in Turnabout caused Student Council to bring it back, but just how many enjoyed it over Winterfest?
Last year there were about 375 students at Winterfest. This year, there were about 550 students at Turnabout In a survey of about 90 students, about 17 percent preferred Winterfest, and about 62 percent preferred Turnabout.
Turnabout was brought back after four years, and it is just like Homecoming, but instead of the guys asking the girls, the girls asks the guys.
Winterfest was an informal dance where there was food, inflatables, games, and a DJ.  You did not have to dress up, instead, Students were encouraged to wear all black clothing. That is why some people liked Winterfest better because it was not formal.
There was so much to do there, and students did not just have to dance. There was a lot of food to eat from many local restaurants. Also, there were inflatables, like laser tag and “toxic meltdown” inflatable), and games like giant Jenga and Connect-4.
“I could go and hang out with my friends, and I did not have to dance. There was so much more to do there,” said Sam Wolff (11
Most of the people who I asked liked Turnabout better because it was another formal dance.
“It is more fun to get dressed up,” said Natalie Mariella (10). “To ask your date, if you have one, which I feel is a lot more fun than Winterfest.”
In the end, students feel that this change was very positive, and the numbers showed that too.
“Since we only have one [other] dance a year, Turnabout is a lot more fun, and I think people had a great time,” said Isabel Zamost (11)